Car Free Day is a city-wide celebration that encourages pedestrians and cyclists to reclaim London’s streets. It’s also an opportunity for everyone to consider more sustainable and active ways of getting around including cycling, walking and public transport.
See below for our map of the 27 road closures in Lewisham. Why not walk or cycle round as many as you can? You can also download a list of the addresses (PDF).
Climate Action Lewisham will be running a stall at the special event at Buckthorne Cutting Nature Reserve, which is right next to the Eddystone Rd closure. See flyer below. Come and visit us!
- A special event to celebrate Global No Car Day
- Stalls, Food and Music- all with no pollution
- Share ideas to help shape the future of the Eddystone footbridge
- Amazing Raffle with fantastic prizes donated by many local businesses
- Chill in the Reserve listening to musicians playing under the trees
Less car use can lead to cleaner air, healthier lives and closer communities. Air pollution is a public health emergency. More info on the Lewisham website: “We are determined to tackle this emergency and improve air quality for everyone.”
See also the London Car Free Day website for details of closures in the rest of London, and special events.